Olana Light is a multidisciplinary artist based in Hampshire.
Her practice moves between sculpture, performance, photography, and the moving image, and reflects the multiplicities of identity and a never-ending pursuit of belonging that is close to her own heart.
She has an MA from Goldsmiths (2020) and a BA from Southampton Solent University (2017) and has exhibited nationally and internationally.
Recent solo exhibitions include Let It Breath, Hidden Wardrobe at A Space Arts; out l side l in at The Smallest Gallery, Soho; We Are Not Ourselves at The Stone Space, and Jeannie Avent Gallery London.
Olana has also completed residencies at Eco Suites, Greece (2022); School of Design and Fashion, Southampton (2019); Aspex Gallery, Portsmouth (2017 & 2018); and Sticks Gallery, Fareham (2017).
Her recent publications include Ludvig Rage, Inside Art, and Trebuchet.
- 2021 & 2022: Arts Council England National Lottery Project Grant
- 2022: SpudOPEN Judge’s Choice Award
- 2022: Blue Sky Ideas Arts & Heritage Award
- 2022: The Spring (Havant) Open Competition Award
- 2022: The Little Forest Open Competition
- 2021: A Space Arts’ Lucky Dip Bursary
- 2021: Zealous Stories Sculpture Award
- 2021: Sunny Art Prize Award
- 2017: Goldsmiths International Response Scholarship Award
- 2022: 8th International Marianne Brandt Award
- 2022: NAE Open
- 2022: The Zealous Stories: Short Film
- 2021: The Next Thing Award
- 2020: The Zealous Stories Performance
- 2019 & 2017: Batsford Prize Award
- 2019: The Harvest Short Film Competition
- 2018: The Visual Art Open Prize
- 2018: The Nasty Women International Prize
- 2017: The Platform Graduate Award (nominated by Aspex Gallery)
Download this page as a PDF here