ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING A TRUSTEE?
Art Space Portsmouth is looking to strengthen and diversify its Board of Trustees with skilled and dedicated people to help further develop the organisation for the future.
Art Space Portsmouth Mission Statement
Art Space Portsmouth (ASP) is committed to supporting and encouraging the practices of visual artists at every stage of their careers in the development of new work through:
• The provision of 31 affordable studio spaces in the heart of Portsmouth since 1980
• An artist development programme strategically focused on supporting, promoting and advancing the ambitions of ASP Artist Members and Associates
• The gallery project space and resources, accessible to all ASP Artist Members
• A co-operative community of artist members
• Culturally engaging with the wider community of Portsmouth
Art Space Portsmouth embeds opportunities for artists in financial need throughout its programme and provision.
Art Space Portsmouth is a registered charity committed to reaching these aims and contributing to the cultural ecology of Portsmouth and the surrounding regions.
Remit of Trustees
To ensure the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these;
• Being responsible for the performance of the charity and for its "corporate" behaviour;
• Ensuring that the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements;
• Acting as guardians of the charity's assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application;
• Ensuring that the charity's governance is of the highest possible standard.
• ASP is a Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee. Board members therefore also fulfil the function of Charity Trustees and Directors of the Company.
Art Space Portsmouth is looking to recruit new Trustees to our Board who would be willing to attend 6-9 board meetings a year and contribute to the governance of this vibrant organisation for a minimum of one year and a maximum of six years. This is a voluntary position. We welcome expressions of interest from those with a strong interest in the Visual Arts, and are particularly looking for committed and skilled individuals who can bring experience in one or more of the following fields:
Equality and Diversity
Being on the Board of Trustees is an incredible opportunity to have a positive and lasting impact on the Arts in Portsmouth.
If you are interested in joining the Board of Trustees please contact us or call 023 9287 4523.